Hewlett-Packard - High stress, but rewarding | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"High stress, but rewarding"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Corvallis, OR
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Corvallis, OR

Pros

Flexibility, work atmosphere, advancement opportunities

Cons

High Stress and with job transitions over seas it is very difficult to ensure work is done accurately

Advice to Management

Bring the jobs back.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Great Company."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

- - - - - - - - -- -- - - - - - -- - - - - --- - - -- - - - - - - -- - - -- - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
    Big organization, Can work on multiple assignment that can aid in career development. If you get bored working in one job you can easily join other business group. Company works on broad areas of technology.
    - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cons

Comparitively less innovative environment compared to a startup company.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent work in progress, under Mark Hurd's leadership.

2. "HP's great! They gave me my break and its a good place to work."

Current Employee - Consultant in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Consultant in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

My first reason to work for Hewlett Packard was that I had access to some great technologies. Theres so much room for growth because HP has a very wide range of products that I can help deliver. HP also tries hard to make sure I get the appropriate training as well as the appropriate support while I am out on a customer site. I am extremely happy with my peers, atleast within the group I would for I get to be around some top notch engineers who are passionate about what they work on. I don't think there is any where else I'd rather be working at this time.

Cons

I think that some more formal in class room training would benefit myself and my team members. So far we're required to learn most of what we do, hands on while we're out working on projects.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is great so far. My managers have changed quite often. I guess thats part of working for an organization that is as large as it is.