Hewlett-Packard - Dead Company, Brain Dead Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Dead Company, Brain Dead Management"

Former Employee - Engineering Director in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Engineering Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of a thing. HP acquired my employer, so I didn't choose to work for this broke di** company.

Cons

Aside from the globally known fact that HP has been without a good CEO since the 90's, the list runs for paragraphs.

I'll condense it to this: Out of the companies I have worked for, or even been close to as a partner, or a vendor to, HP is absolutely the worst. We will look back at HP's end, prior to 2020, and wonder how it stayed in business while it self destructed.

Advice to Management

Ray Lane - step down, let investors bring a decent Chairman in. Meg Whitman - face it, you blew it big at eBay and they survived despite you. You don't have what it takes to save HP, so follow Lane into the same sunset and give HP a very tiny chance at surviving.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Not sure what they want to be Manufacture, infrustructure, or service provider"

Former Employee - Project Management in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Management in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Normal benefits of a large company.

Cons

They have NO CLUE what IT solutions provider does and are crippling that side of business with red tape and in ability to respond to the needs of external clients who have very short time frames and cannot wait for 2 weeks just to get a PM assigned to determine if they can find a person to solution a deal not to mention to actually work on deal if won. Also have to stop the territory fighting between ES and HPIT.

Advice to Management

Must be able to respond to RFPs and existing client change request in less than 2 weeks as most cannot forcast these events months in advance. So need to provide ability for support teams to be flexible enough to be able to respond to the fluid market place.

"Autonomy should be called Ambiguity, an HP Company"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was decent ....but only because I came from one of many acquisitions.

Cons

NO direction
    OVERBEARING micro management.
    Weekly ridiculous SMS calls that are a waste of sales time.
    Integration with HP....what integration?
    Actual process to get a sales order booked is a complete disaster. I could run cross country faster.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves!! Start reading these reviews....do you see the stream of people leaving? Should tell you something....