Hewlett-Packard - Just chugging along | Glassdoor

"Just chugging along"

Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer II in Austin, TX
Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work here on my team are great, friendly and always looking out for each other. It isn't cut throat

Cons

Pay sucks it isn't competitive and you won't get a raise and don't expect to get a huge end of the year bonus. Transparency - don't expect any, we don't find out any information until it is public news. As a global company working nights or early mornings is expected.

Advice to Management

Make a decision on our vision and stick with it, stop changing your minds. We failed with the touchpad and said we would get out of that industry, and here we are again developing a new tablet.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HP is a very large company and uses its resourses to help their employees, I was acquired from another company and brought into the company fold. HP was a good company to work for and was treated with respect.

Cons

I'm not sure if HP even knew I wass even an employee, we were acquired by HP but I never in 11 years felt like I was part of the company. Small to even no raises throughout those years, we even received a negative raise a few years ago. If you want to work for a large company to get experience this company is for you, but I want to warn you, this company has grown too large.

Advice to Management

When a company gets too big, which is why I no longer work there, maybe you should bring the personal back into a company instead of the computer.

2. "Good Products but Bad Employee Relations"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company, looks good on resume. Good products, which makes you feel proud to work there .

Cons

During the economic downturn in 2010, employees were treated badly, CEO position was a revolving door and there was no consistency/stability as an employee. Pay cuts, bonus cuts - which are all understandable during a time like that but it was still difficult to bear.