Hewlett-Packard - I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company."

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HP is heavily focused on quality customer deliveries and satisfaction for its quality products and services. They have many professionals that put in hours to intensely perform and are great people to work with. The employees are very supportive of one another throughout the organization.

Cons

HP is going through a season of infrastructure transitioning to better serve the customers and meet the ever changing technical environment. This should increase our growth in the long term. However, due to 2 past CEOs with some unwise decisions, as well as the global economy impacts, HP is moving slowly in its growth.bWith salary reductions in 2009, followed by a slow economy, employee raises are very small, with promotions and career growth with internal job changes almost nil. Bonuses have been reduced or some eliminated.

Advice to Management

Meg Whitman, HP’s current CEO is leading us with clear vision and direction for the future. However, in the infrastructure transition, it would be great to have a position that would better utilize my skills, talents, solutions, and top performance to more strategically benefit the company. I personally have applied to many applicable internal jobs for 1 ½ years, where I meet and exceed the background, experience, and requirements with no success. The internal career development process needs to be improved.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Layoff to often - no job security. Company is in a down spiral! The promotion process is loss. Rotating managers!"

Former Employee - Hardware Engineering in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hardware Engineering in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401K & medical insurance. Work from home!

Cons

Layoff to often, new manager rotation to often, never got a boss that knew what I did. Cant get a raise if your boss doesnt know what you do.

2. "Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many ways to work from around the work, easy and great ability to work at the office or at home

Cons

The non-centralized IT makes it difficult sometimes

Advice to Management

I would prefer if my manager and my direct report were located in the same office as me