Hewlett-Packard - Fast Paced Hard Working Environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Fast Paced Hard Working Environment"

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really cool people work at HP, of course some do suck, but the majority of them are pretty cool.
Days go by fast because you are constantly working. The projects we worked on were cutting edge technology so that was fun.

Cons

Decisions are slow to happen - Same pitfall with alot of larger companies
They will work you until you burn out.

Advice to Management

Make things happen quicker... your time to run things up the chain and get an answer are simply rediculous.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company."

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HP is heavily focused on quality customer deliveries and satisfaction for its quality products and services. They have many professionals that put in hours to intensely perform and are great people to work with. The employees are very supportive of one another throughout the organization.

Cons

HP is going through a season of infrastructure transitioning to better serve the customers and meet the ever changing technical environment. This should increase our growth in the long term. However, due to 2 past CEOs with some unwise decisions, as well as the global economy impacts, HP is moving slowly in its growth.bWith salary reductions in 2009, followed by a slow economy, employee raises are very small, with promotions and career growth with internal job changes almost nil. Bonuses have been reduced or some eliminated.

Advice to Management

Meg Whitman, HP’s current CEO is leading us with clear vision and direction for the future. However, in the infrastructure transition, it would be great to have a position that would better utilize my skills, talents, solutions, and top performance to more strategically benefit the company. I personally have applied to many applicable internal jobs for 1 ½ years, where I meet and exceed the background, experience, and requirements with no success. The internal career development process needs to be improved.

"Layoff to often - no job security. Company is in a down spiral! The promotion process is loss. Rotating managers!"

Former Employee - Hardware Engineering in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hardware Engineering in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401K & medical insurance. Work from home!

Cons

Layoff to often, new manager rotation to often, never got a boss that knew what I did. Cant get a raise if your boss doesnt know what you do.