Hewlett-Packard - If not for the excecutive-level scandals and financial fiascoes this would be the dream job I've always lived for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"If not for the excecutive-level scandals and financial fiascoes this would be the dream job I've always lived for."

Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very supportive, very open, and highly creative jobs are everywhere in HP. Management in most organizations listens and advocates for their employees. After all these years of contraction I can say definitively there is nobody left in my business area who isn't an extremely hard and motivated worker, ...the dead wood has been gone for years (except for some new acquisitions).

Cons

Political positioning continues to cancel some of our best market-leader products so that another organization can start over from scratch and product something 5 years behind the times. Once in a long while this gamble pays off.. ...but usually not in my observation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced people, they are your wisdom holders.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Sounded good on paper, but reality..not so much"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great access to lots of resources
    -Classification of teleworker enabled me to get compensated for my commute and tolls when visiting clients
    -Majority of people I worked with were professional and very smart

Cons

-Was promised I would be a technical consultant and instead was just doing contractor type work
    -Hard to get promoted (I mean HARD)
    -After the EDS acquisition the company made cuts that didn't make sense and drove out a lot of good people

Advice to Management

There is no need to have 300,000 employees. We start to feel very insignificant.

"Chaotic and in trouble"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Theoretically pay can be good for sales people, if you can get a decent quota. A lot of benefits and perks as well.
    Most of the products are solid performers.

Cons

HP is losing relevance at clients, especially in the Software arena. As a software sales professional, HP has made it clear that software is way down the totem pole compared to hardware, and clients and analysts are responding to that by lowering our ratings and not taking us seroiusly.
    Internally, our management in the Software team has changed perpetually. I have had 4 managers, 3 VPs, and 5 SVPs in less than two years.
    Quotas are also perpetually climbing, making it pratically impossible for a sales person to make their numbers. And then we are all held to the fire for our inability to succeed.

Advice to Management

Some stability and opportunity for success in the field would be appreciated.