Hewlett-Packard - Sales Engineer | Glassdoor

"Sales Engineer"

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, benefits, high tech.

Cons

Poor company culture, poor management, lack opportunities, lack training, high attrition.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"a turbulent experience"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

very comfortable job. tools are readily available. laidback workplace. if individually motivated, able to learn a lot and have a strong impact.

Cons

easy to get pigeonholed into a certain skill. strong contributors not always rewarded. satellite site with limited view of research within product. a lot of people that have been around awhile are bogged down by too much process.

Advice to Management

stability please, less greed at top and more rewards for engineers would go a long way

"Good opportunities, friendly people, not so good upper management"

Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer VI in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer VI in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Huge company, so there are many opportunities. Most teams and engineers I've ever worked with are very open and willing to help. Many programs available to boost your career and knowledge.

Cons

Upper management with unreasonable deadlines for product readiness. Very large company, so it's easy to get lost in the crowd. The culture has changed significantly for the worse. Everyone talks about the "good ol' days" when HP was Compaq. I'm lucky that I have a great team and good direct manager. Friends from other teams have had a much worse experience.

Advice to Management

Give us reasonable product deadlines. Compensate us better for all the work we put in to hit these unreasonable deadlines. I don't get the feeling that management cares about the well being of their employees. Stop hiring all these contractors out of the country! HP doesn't sponsor so they eventually quit within a year. Stop firing and hiring...this is counter productive. Do not ever do a contractor furlough again, because this caused many to quit. Again, this is counter productive.