Hewlett-Packard - Corvallis, Oregon site | Glassdoor

"Corvallis, Oregon site"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Corvallis, OR
Former Employee - Process Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, small town for raising kids, great college athletics, quality college education local, little to no traffic, decent downtown shopping, fairs and festivals, diversity friendly

Cons

High property taxes, larger cities some distance drive, too quiet after hours, no mall

Advice to Management

drive change, diversify product development

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Enjoyed the opportunity to work with superior individuals from all over the world"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities across all corporate divisions including flexible work schedules. Managers provided a hands-off approach to your day-to-day goals and activities. Supported your career goals and provided multiple internal training opportunities.

Cons

Periodically, ran into slow bureaucratic decision-making within the group, division and corporate wide.

Advice to Management

Continue to give more autonomy to individuals to make timely decisions. Also enhance the authority and responsibility of individual contributors

"HP - Today"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For me, two major positives are coworkers and work location. We have a good group of immediate coworkers. We are able to share ideas, discuss challenges and work together to find positive solutions to meet business needs. My work location is close to where I live. This cuts down on commute time and helps with work life balance.

Cons

Employee morale extremely low. Clearly not supportive of a USA based workforce. Currently in the middle of layoffs and WFRs - work force restructuring. This is code for moving jobs out of the US. We recently lost more folks due to these actions. We were told point blank that our jobs were leaving the US and our time frame is short. The only career path open to US employees is out of the company. That does not mean there aren't jobs - good jobs. It just means a US employee is best served by being aware and making the most of his or her time to garner experience and skills for use elsewhere. Because there will be an elsewhere. It is not a question of "if", it is only "when".

Advice to Management

Cost matters. But so does quality and people.