Hewlett-Packard - Will someone please hire me so I can leave. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Will someone please hire me so I can leave."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator Associate in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Systems Administrator Associate in Tulsa, OK

Pros

They still give me a paycheque, and I get a discount on my cellphone.

Cons

Opportunistic management
Outsource everything attitude
Working for less then when I started
Lousy benefits package
Office supplies being a luxury
Having to say I work for HP

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, so one day someone can buy up the remains of the company. Hopefully the long term employees will land with a company that cares about it's employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"What HP Way?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

It's a job. It pays just below industry average. At the end of the day you get to go home, although you keep working. Some smart people left. Mostly nice people to work with.

Cons

Forget "Invent", innovation is actively discouraged. If you are over 50, there's a target painted on your back. If you don't have 20 years with HP "classic", you are dogmeat. If you are part of an acquired company, count on HP management driving your former company into the ground, and decimation of the employees. Terrible morale! Rewards go up exponentially with closeness to CEO level. No rewards below director level.

Advice to Management

Start realizing that a technology company has to treat it's technical talent better. Stop discriminating against senior employees under th guise of cost cutting.

"While it is great to be employed, when the economy turns around, watch out."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Good name company to work for and my co-workers are great, hard-working people.

Cons

With a global team, there are lots of late night and early morning meetings.
    The company loves to have meetings - at times it seems we are meeting to plan a meeting.

Advice to Management

Need to get back to basics and respect the people that work in the trenches. People work hard with long hours with only a 95% paycheck to show for it. while there are freezes on most travel and purchasing office supplies, what sacrifices is the leadership making?