Hewlett-Packard - BEEUV analyst | Glassdoor

"BEEUV analyst"

Pros

Work-life balance and facilities in the site

Cons

not able to respond, changes occurring.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Good people poor people"

Pros

Very nice work environment, people are nice, flexible working style

Cons

Lousy compensation, low paying, no increment or added bonuses when perform as advertised by company

Advice to Management

Find ways to properly evaluate employees instead of relying on politics

"No respect for contingency staff, underpaid and being asked to give but receiving nothing in return."

Former Employee - Kelly Services SPOC Contingency in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, honest, decent job which 'should' serve as a starting point in any IT career.

Cons

- Massively underpaid as contingency and full-time staff.

The average wage doing this position should be 18k with SC, yet we only got 14.5k.

When the AWR came into effect we all expected to get a pay raise to 16.5k matching the HP staff. Instead HP reduced the HP wage to match us and we didn't get one.

- There was no good use of skill and ability.

I worked on a more skilled position in Newcastle and was moved onto the telephones because those positions were moving to Scotland.

When a team was re-built in Newcastle which would take full advantage of my skills I made it very clear I was a perfect for that team, or ANY other role which was more technical. Despite saying this for 2 years, I remained on the phones and ended up hating my job as a result.

I was constantly told that because I was not hitting high enough "targets", despite being highly experienced and excellent at the telecoms role, I was not going to move.

During this, I watched new (none-experienced) staff members being moved into those skilled positions time and time again. I personally felt like I was talking to a "brick wall" and that "targets" were more important then actual proven skill and ability.

- Made redundant without any explanation.

In September 2013 we were took into meetings and told that Kelly Services was now moving into line with their relationship with HP. A few weeks later, I and six of the most experienced agents on the 1st line were all made redundant.

No bad records and I personally had 4 plaudits for excellent customer service. The only factor was that we all started working before or during 2009.

As we were leaving the building, 10 new people were being brought in to do our jobs and now HP is advertising our jobs as permanent roles online. I had waited 4 years for a permanent HP contract and never received one, and now they are giving them away online to anyone who applies?

- No progression...

The company should be training their 1st line staff ready to take up 2nd line roles, but they don't and all the advertised jobs in the last year have been internal which means that no contingency staff can apply for them. Another way to avoid the AWR.

- Broken chairs, massively out-dated machines which breaks constantly and very unclean building.

I have nothing positive to say about HP Enterprises as a company and found them to be purely motivated by targets and profit. Despite the company website talking about how important their staff are, I have seen no evidence of this. They are dishonest and will take any action they can to keep staff on low wages.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with some dignity and honesty!