Hewlett-Packard - Title of my review is... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Title of my review is..."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Associate in Bengaluru (India)
Current Employee - Senior Financial Associate in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learning Opportunities, Company Values, Tools, colleagues, working atmosphere..

Cons

Salary, career growth, less personal dependency...

Advice to Management

I would like to suggest for

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Mis-sold graduate experience"

Current Employee - Graduate Information Analyst in Hook, London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Information Analyst in Hook, London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work / home balance, flexible working very relaxed. Good initial starting bonus for graduate scheme. New HP work laptops which could be taken out of the office. Good product to end client. Talented graduates that are friendly and sociable and want to try and make the best out of a bad situation.

Cons

No opportunities for rotation, promised when I joined the graduate scheme I would get to move around projects - nothing. Lack of mentoring on projects. HP financial situation leads to complete travel and training ban. Huge north / south divide between graduate communities, no opportunities for networking unless arranged by graduates themselves. No graduate events organised by the company. Pay rises are tiny - no reward for working hard or keeping talent. Ring fenced into one graduate stream and moving between these streams very difficult / impossible.

Advice to Management

Stop selling the role as a graduate scheme - it's not. Listen to graduates concerns quickly and act on them. A lot of graduates will use HP as a stepping stone on their CV, encourage them to stay. HP is a huge company, make it easier to move between departments / countries. Make the graduate training scheme something to be admired by others in the business, not as is the case now of "oh its another graduate, we'll find them something basic to do"

2. "Not a Pay Master but Superb Employees Benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great end to end product and solutions for enterprise and SME market. Open policy environment and great employees benefits.

Cons

HP is known for Merger and Acquisition . Which effects employee morale can be significant if the reorganization of the business is not handled effectively. During any merger or acquisition effort, there are at least two groups of employees involved, often coming from organizations with distinctly different cultures and styles. Learning a new culture can be challenging, but is especially so when employees are faced with uncertainty about what the future may hold and whose job is on the chopping block.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and retain employees who perform and remain loyal with the organisation.