Hewlett-Packard - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant
Former Employee - Pre-Sales Consultant

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people were great to work with, very nice and friendly. The environment was supportive, lots of opportunities for training. We were offered the ability to work remotely.

Cons

There were too many reorganizations. It seemed like we were changing the name of our group at least once a year.

Advice to Management

Need to provide more support for the sales teams so they can win more business.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "An excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Lead in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in London, England (UK)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Market Leading in IT with largest revenues. Involved from enterprise infrastructure products and services to the consumer market. Talented workforce and significant scale in operations

Cons

Large Company which creates by default unwieldy management of resources and projects. Therefore difficult to maintain focus

Advice to Management

A very difficult proposition as to follow IBM in trying to increase margins and then also being a manufacturer of enterprise and consumer products in software and hardware make HP a unique company in many aspects. How to increase revenue from 100 billion yet maintain margins is something that only a few companies have managed. HP have had a lot of criticism yet because of their involvement in so many aspects and being a pioneer in innovation in many it is not a very difficult proposition to manage. Other companies have struggled in expanding or maintaining a competitive advantage such as Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, Intel to name a few. Therefore HP have maintained a unique position in the corporate world where they continue to expand on many fronts and continue to compete in many areas without having a one product/service which is unique and makes the bulk of their profits. Printers and PC just don't make as much margin even though they are part of the everyday life. HP have been challenged and in turn challenge on all fronts and in my opinion barring many strategies and plans that have not worked out continue to be a world class organisation which is innovative and provide utility and value across many different aspects of life. Maybe need to streamline more akin to GE or Siemens but that in turn creates its own issues.

2. "Very great place to work."

Current Employee - Specialist in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work culture Freedom Flexible hours

Cons

I feel worst decision made by HP is to leo apotheker.