Hewlett-Packard - Great but waning fast | Glassdoor

"Great but waning fast"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable salary and good benefits. Company has good name overall. Starting to reinvest in R&D

Cons

Too much management and not enough workers. Culture used to be great but over the past decade it has decayed. Carly started it and Hurd finished it. Reduction of innovation has been devastating

Advice to Management

Cut the executive management staff

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Restructuring"

Pros

great teams to work with and a plethora of knowledge. Lots of enterprise stuff here. Locations have plenty of space

Cons

Unfortunate downsizing. Need to have better social events. Would like to see more employee events

Advice to Management

Focus on creating working environments

2. "Very Bad experience in TS Consulting division. Fair warning!"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large scale projects with the opportunity to work deep in the trenches with your technical track.

Cons

I found the TS organization to be extremely disingenuous with how they handled business. I was lied to by my Project Manager and my client was also lied to several times during the duration of the project. I have a colleague who was kicked off a project for making a few mistakes, however, he had the needed skills to deliver the project successfully. HP told my team the client requested this individual to be removed from the project. However, we later found out in a meeting that it was HP's idea to remove him. So many lies...

The culture is to work around the clock. I've had meetings on Sundays to prepare for the upcoming week.

Sales will throw you under the bus any opportunity they get. You will be thrown under the bus eventually. During my tenure folks bragged about their 'scars' and how it was very common to get screwed over.

The delivery model is inconsistent. HP has failed numerous times. Lacks strong leadership when it comes to delivering multi-million dollar projects. You better be very good with regards to your skills and knowledge and hope you land a good project with a decent customer.

My position required a relatively hefty travel schedule. For the salary I was making it was not worth it, looking back in hindsight.

Employee moral was horrible.