Hewlett-Packard - Lacking Direction | Glassdoor

"Lacking Direction"

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The technology you'll get to touch and work with on a daily basis is outstanding. Lots of prototype hardware and opportunities to learn. The promotions I received were better than expected, and I had great opportunities to work with very knowledgeable people.

Cons

The company lacked an overall direction, as did my organization. Products continuously went back to the drawing board and incredible amounts of time were wasted trying to figure out what products to build. After a while, that gets pretty old. I feel like the company was improving significantly with Meg Whitman's leadership, but it still has a ways to go.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Nothing outstanding"

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, and getting better.

Cons

I'd say I'm in a backwater. Despite constant statements from upper management about innovation and change, there's little sign of any down in the trenches. In fact, there's fear of any change and constant irritation due to minor failings in support. Local change is almost non-existent, and corporate change is glacial.

Pay is below average, and raises are slow.

Advice to Management

Less show, more go.

2. "Long-Term Employee for a Reason"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being associated with HP is a source of pride. I've appreciated the doors that have opened to me just because I'm part of HP. The company's reputation is solid, the products are first-class and customers openly respect the company and brand of HP. I love my company,ntheir history and culture. I hope to retire from HP with more than 20-years under my belt.

Cons

The scale and global reach of the company can sometimes limit or delay a rapid, strategic response to conditions in the marketplace. Occasionally, business processes in HP are cumbersome and fragmented.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees about industry trends and customer needs, while making decisions about future product development.