Hewlett-Packard - Very Bad experience in TS Consulting division. Fair warning! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Very Bad experience in TS Consulting division. Fair warning!"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large scale projects with the opportunity to work deep in the trenches with your technical track.

Cons

I found the TS organization to be extremely disingenuous with how they handled business. I was lied to by my Project Manager and my client was also lied to several times during the duration of the project. I have a colleague who was kicked off a project for making a few mistakes, however, he had the needed skills to deliver the project successfully. HP told my team the client requested this individual to be removed from the project. However, we later found out in a meeting that it was HP's idea to remove him. So many lies...

The culture is to work around the clock. I've had meetings on Sundays to prepare for the upcoming week.

Sales will throw you under the bus any opportunity they get. You will be thrown under the bus eventually. During my tenure folks bragged about their 'scars' and how it was very common to get screwed over.

The delivery model is inconsistent. HP has failed numerous times. Lacks strong leadership when it comes to delivering multi-million dollar projects. You better be very good with regards to your skills and knowledge and hope you land a good project with a decent customer.

My position required a relatively hefty travel schedule. For the salary I was making it was not worth it, looking back in hindsight.

Employee moral was horrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "One of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work with."

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

This is an employee focused company, not just a customer-focused company. The working environment is way above par. Interaction between management and the employees is encouraged and welcomed.

Cons

One of the biggest issues I see with this company is the tendency to relocate it's offices. One site in particular will have made 2 location moves within the past 4 years, to different parts of the country. This makes it difficult, if you are looking for permanence to your career.

Advice to Management

I would seriously consider the impact these relocations bring upon the employee. Not all, nor even half I would imagine, of the employees can simply drop their lives and relocate to retain their jobs.

2. "Very mature company, great team"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very evolved processes, excellent team and talented employees

Cons

No profit sharing through bonus

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated through incentives