Hewlett-Packard - HP provided me with fantastic opportunities to develop as a professional salesperson. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"HP provided me with fantastic opportunities to develop as a professional salesperson."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Brand can get you into almost any door. What you do with it from there is largely up to you.

Cons

Too many people, too many layers, needed to make decisions and to execute. The company would be much better off if individual contributors had slightly more empowerment.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Ok"

Former Contractor - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Contractor - QA Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My manager was very kind, barely say no to any of us.I learned a lot thru my past job, and there were plenty of training opportunities. Benefit is good, nice campus.

Cons

Too much gossip in our team. Lack of management. Old fashioned management style. Building is very confusing, I got lost for couple of times.

Advice to Management

The managers should clearly specify their requirements, otherwise it's a waste of time for change management.

2. "Working with HP"

Former Contractor - NOC in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Former Contractor - NOC in Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They gave me holidays and benefits

Cons

Management never checked up on us or was involved unless there were discrepancies. Took a Month to finally do my on boarding. Oath Tokens and other tools either didn't work or too difficult to make work, had to go change them to one that did work. When Oath token didn't work, HP did not approve hard copies, had to drive almost 2 hours out of my way to HP HQ to get new Oath token. HP on holidays and vacations did not recognize my 10 shifts so I lost money. HR was no help, when I moved, my money got lost between 2 states, I called HR gave them my employee ID and other information that needed to identify me. They said they cannot cancel the checks they sent and next day new ones to my correct address because I had to go to HQ and plug in my new address. HP FAILED TO OBTAIN MY SECURITY CLEARANCE FROM THE COMPANY THAT WAS THERE BEFORE THEM BECAUSE THEY LOST MY PAPER WORK. SO THEY WOULDN'T GET IN TROUBLE OR LOSE THE CONTRACT THEY LET ME GO. I had been working on site with HP for 8 months with them not knowing I had a security clearance and not even sure how I had access cards, but I had been there before HP even took over the contract through another contract.

Advice to Management

Get your things together, get stronger management