Hewlett-Packard - A wonderful exposure to the different parts of the software cycle | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"A wonderful exposure to the different parts of the software cycle"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Roseville, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a truly wonderful team in the summer after my freshman year of college. My manager was very adept at leading, knowing when to give people their space and when to push them to perform. I was also assigned a mentor who took such an active and positive role in my education, always answering my never-ending stream of questions enthusiastically and cheerfully. I learned such an unbelievable amount from him. Looking back, I really think that almost all of my time that summer was spent doing things that meaningfully improved my knowledge of computer science.

Cons

Our team was often changing focus because of uncertainty in at the highest levels of management, so it was sometimes difficult to find projects for me to work on. But I believe my team made a real effort to keep my busy with meaningful work.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"HP is operated like a corrupt 3rd world country with incompetent leaders (Dir and up)"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy corporate job, descent benefits like all other IT corporations, relaxed hours,

Cons

Nepotism, corruption among all mid and high level executives, slow pace, no innovation and creativity, unqualified, outdated, and old staff

Advice to Management

Investigate all your executives (Dir and higher) for corruption, audit for nepotism, travel, raise and bonus allocations, and all third party contracts. Your company runs like an old school corrupt government! Your executives are all bribed and bought out by outside companies hoping to do business with HP.

2. "Company on decline. Balkanized culture. Employee dis-engagement"

Former Employee - Director in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid brand. People care about customers, products, investors. Good place to work IF you are in the right division and have the right boss.

Cons

Company has done a lousy job of integrating the companies that have come in via acquisition over the last 10 years.

Advice to Management

Create a corporate culture that weaves together people, technology along with customers.