Hewlett-Packard - Overall a good experience to do the internship there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Overall a good experience to do the internship there."

Current Intern - Intern in Palo Alto, CA
Current Intern - Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall a good experience to do the internship there. Good location, nice people and you can learn a lot from the people there.

Cons

Bad restaurant, expensive food. The working building is kind of old, smells when you go from the outside, but you will get used to it after a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Awesome!!"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Team Work at Team Level.

Cons

Working with Gov, Dod, Civil Service. Keep the IT Tech Bullies Out of interaction with people, just let them interact with computers like Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory". They turn employess off. Thanks

Advice to Management

Also always ask the people workers what ideas and suggestions they have & seriously listen.

2. "Major sales issues at HP and customers feel the pain"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent products, engineering and support.

Cons

HP has not figured out the sales execution or sales coverage model. The customers are extremely tired of the revolving door of sales people. HP has not figured out a sales execution model that includes coverage, management and compensation providing the incentive for a HP rep to stay with one customer. Talk to the enterprise customers. They will tell you.

Four years of working here and had four different managers. Last year's manager was the worse experience I have had in over 20 years in the industry. I reported to him (he is located in FL) for 12 mos. I did not meet him face to face until the 9th month. In the 12 mos we spent a total of 6 hrs face to face. I was handed a quota for a territory that had not been covered for over 8 mos. This quota was based on the previous three years run rate. It included a very large outlier sale that would not be repeated. I presented my sales plan on how the target was unattainable and where I would be focusing my business. Without the outlier I increased the business with very dissatisfied customers who had moved off HP's platforms. I was regularly called late at night by this manager who obviously had been drinking and would verbally abuse and attack me for not hitting the number. I thought I was the exception to this treatment until I talked to other reps who endured the same treatment. Some left the company within mos of joining. Then I talked to customers who also got the same calls. My income was hit so hard in this role I had my smallest annual income since 1999 and no one cared to listen. I had no recourse within the company.

Advice to Management

There is no where for an employee to go and discuss this issue when the upper management protects this behavior from a frontline manager. The control of costs with the quota assignments is causing HP sales people to leave and this is the one number issue HP has with its customers is the constant turnover of sales people and their never can be a cadence of the business with the customer's IT org. Unless things change I will be the next rep to leave large customers without a HP face.