Hewlett-Packard - No compensation to match skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"No compensation to match skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Pros

Balance of life and work is controlled by the employee and the flexibility is built in to help employees establish a good balance

Cons

They have removed all compensation and the only thing you get is a paycheck. i guess that better than no paycheck

Advice to Management

Look at the overall compensation and how we recognize results. Currntly upper management has more control and ownership of how well the business performs but yet the employee has to take the hits when the business doesn't perform.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"The HP Way is DEAD"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID

Pros

HP employees are great, they are the only reason this behometh is able to function at all

Cons

Employees are not valued at all anymore. The new HP is the anti-thesis of what Bill and Dave started.
    We continue to loose benefits and salary, while Mark Hurd makes millions ($122 million in 2009)
    The values that Dave and Bill started this great company with are dead. There is no respect or valuing of individual contributors

Advice to Management

Keep up the current management style and you'll ruin this company completely. For a company that once thrived on innovation, the current management team completely stifles any sense of creativity.

"Engineering is a dying skill at HP"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Vancouver, WA

Pros

The Engineers and peers at HP are top notch. I would gladly work with anyone on the site again. The Engineers are highly skilled and very motivated. Lower level management is doing the best that they can with what little tools that they have been given.

Cons

The company has turned it's back on the employees. We are regarded as liabilities rather than the assets that we really are. The bottom lines of the real estate and IT groups are more important than actually serving the workforce and enabling us to do our jobs.
    There is a real sense that Mark Hurd hates paying to develop products and that he would much rather just buy up companies that design a product.
    Benefits have eroded completely since I started at HP, and I no longer have any sense of loyalty to HP.
    Most design work at HP is now outsourced.

Advice to Management

Start realizing that your employees ARE your company. Without us, there would be no products and no revenue. We already have a steady loss of the top talent, and once the economy turns around, nothing that you can offer us will keep your key employees around.