Hewlett-Packard - Changes are painful | Glassdoor

"Changes are painful"

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Not very comp. salaries"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Grt pleace to work, most of the teams i worked with had grt managers and opportunities to grow if you had the potential

Cons

Salary might not be the best in the industry

Advice to Management

Please relook at salaries as compared to the markets rates. You might loose out on good talent otherwise!

2. "HP has pockets of opportunity"

Former Employee - Technical Alliance Manager
    Former Employee - Technical Alliance Manager

Pros

Lots of great people and cool technology to work with. Results oriented, I was able to do the work the way I wanted as long as I got the job done.

Cons

Very top heavy organization. A lot of levels of management, and the only concern seems to be cost. Some of the decisions seem very short sited.

Advice to Management

Good quarterly numbers can't be met with cost cutting forever. Eventually you start cutting into things that hurt the business.