Hewlett-Packard - Going downhill | Glassdoor

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
Current Employee - Program Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with. Ability to do work that you feel makes a real difference to the company.

Cons

Morale really low as a result of the negative impact on jobs, salaries and benefits over the last few years.

Advice to Management

Is is all about Wall Street? I know the stock price is important but surely not atthe cost of the staff. I feel we'll lose more good people as the economy picks up.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Less intensive consulting firm then the others, but less opportunities for training, growth, and compensation."

Current Employee - Business Intelligence IT Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence IT Consultant

Pros

Name-Recognition. Solid benefits. Extensive job opportunities (locations and positions). Movement. Weekly hours are very reasonable compared to the Accentures and Deloits.

Cons

Hurd has little to no interest in addressing the current issues: lack of training, uncompetitive compensation for consultants, lack of general support for consultants in the field. Bonuses below average, salary below average, time off below average. Current raise/compensation adjustment freeze.

Advice to Management

Hurd has said 'the workforce will adjust to the new HP.' What HP will adjust to is the steadfast exiting of talent which has been leaving for over a year now. If they stay committed to this culture of consultants in the field who are customer facing getting little to no compensation for efforts they will be cutting themself off at the knees and unable to staff any new projects.

"Sweat shop with no benefits"

Current Employee - Software Analyst
    Current Employee - Software Analyst

Pros

Very Big company with lot of projects and different technologies
    Some good experienced people to work with
    can gain different domain knowledge

Cons

Been associated with HP from past 10 year (first job)

1. After Mark Hard took over it is been sweat shop
    2. No appreciation for employees
    3. when asked for promotions are hikes they mention be happy you have a job

Recently working in a big outsourcing project i am part of 24X7 support where no phone is provided, we are forced to use personal phones and suppose to attend meeting calls over night through support mobile, if asked for we have been clearly told there is no policy to provide support mobiles. We are expected to work 24X7 and support customers all thru out nigh and day. when asked for vacation please make your application stable and then we can think of it.

No respect for employees.

Advice to Management

please treat us like humans and consider our private and personal life

when you make policies please not only consider costs but also human values