Hewlett-Packard - Summer Internship | Glassdoor

"Summer Internship"

Former Intern - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Former Intern - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was an intern at HP, I experienced a great level of day to day stability, low stress and manageable workload. The experience is comfortable and the compensation is fair. Excellent work-life balance, and I was given healthcare benefits even as an intern.

Cons

The experience may be a little too comfortable- I never felt pushed to demonstrate my full capabilities. It was easy to coast and get told that I was doing well. This may be just because I was an intern and not an FTE. Office culture seemed a little traditional too, and I felt out of place if I wasn't dressed in at least Business Casual.

Advice to Management

I did not get to interact too frequently with management, my manager worked at a different HP location. I was mostly left to just complete my work and submit it at infrequent intervals so I cannot comment.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Working in HP"

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

work-life balance is great. I would even say it's a great company for new Mommies and retiring people:)

Cons

No career opportunities, business development is very very weak. Most projects are destined to fail from he start, because of the mid-level management. Those people are just securing financing for their deparments, not thinking to produce something valuable.

2. "It was a great run!"

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Excellent benefits. Flexible work schedules - supportive of work/life balance. Interesting and challenging projects. There were a few exceptions, but most of my managers were great.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Slow decision making. Not nimble. Little opportunity for advancement. Often playing catch-up in the marketplace. Frequent reorganization.