Hewlett-Packard - The real HP IT.... | Glassdoor

"The real HP IT...."

Former Employee - Work Force Reduction Member in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Work Force Reduction Member in Houston, TX

Pros

Large company with good benefits

Cons

Senior management is not trustworthy, especially IT management which consistantly boasts to other senior managers about how they cannot be trusted. HP used to be a great company to work for, however not only does managemjent not care about the rule of the garage....they locked it! Management is all about "clicks", just look at the Dell-Mart IT management team: Randy Mott and his band of merrymen go from place to place like locusts....(Wal-Mart to Dell, then to HP) and bring everyone with them. They collect their bonuses and then leave....just look at how Mott's promises to consolidate have not occurred, but Hurd and the Board hired him.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and/or misrepresenting things. Be honest to your organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"100.982 ON THE LIST OF BEST PLACES TO WORK"

Current Employee - Pda in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Pda in Corvallis, OR

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

I have not had a raise in FIVE YEARS, not a dime! I have had to assume much extra work and work outside of my job scope as very many in my area have been laid off. The performance evaluations appear to be slanted towards giving younger employees more favorable rankings and thus larger raises and bonuses. My work has never been appreciated nor measured. I feel very stupid giving the better part of my life to a company that has become so ruthless and evil towards employees. It is a humiliating place to work, and I am leaving!

Advice to Management

Set good examples. Don't squeeze the people at the lower end of your pay scales and reward yourselfs and your buddies with ungodly comensation packages. Return to the core, restore profit sharing as it used to be, shared by all who contributed to making it in the first place! Make sure persons are doing the job that they are most fit to do. The Managers that surround me are the most self-serving persons that I have ever encountered, and they're not too smart.

2. "Hp. What was..Isn't."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Great technolgies and innovation. Some of the best developers in the busniess.

Cons

Poor 1st and second level mangment. Most ffirst level managers have zero empowerment and spend their time managing up to get any resposabilty at all. Very little reward and recongition at the IC level.

Advice to Management

Flatten and start over. This is currently going on, but they really need to bring in good talent at the mgt levels.