Hewlett-Packard - Good place to work if you like salaried work without bonuses | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Good place to work if you like salaried work without bonuses"

Pros

-Brand Recognition
-Working as the Vendor builds customer confidence
-Market presence in every market it competes in
-Access to R&D helps to fast track issue resolution for strategic clients

Cons

-Compensation
-Compensation
-Compensation
-Current Lack of bonuses and initiative-based compensation
-The lack of initiative-based compensation renders utilization almost a useless number. I feel like I keep working, but don't get rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

Is it management's problem or not if they keep creating numbers that can't be met? And then punish people for not meeting them by taking away benefits and bonuses? There seems to not be a reason to work hard any more -- just a reason to do enough not to get fired.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Transitioned Employee..."

Pros

Just been transitioned to HP-ES so will be laid off very soon...

Cons

HP-ES outsources companies ruthlessly - offshores most of the jobs very quickly and has no problem laying off hundreds/thousands of US employees.

Advice to Management

Try to reflect on how the US will still have any sort of IT graduates if US companies happily outsource all development positions!

"Cost cutting makes work virtually impossible to do!"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

Pros

My colleagues are very hardworking and conscientous; My work hours are flexible though often long work hours are needed; Location relative to my home is good.

Cons

Every few days there is a "cost cutting" measure that is penny wise and pound foolish - and sometimes employees just have to create workarounds that are going to cost more money; Good employees, especially those with a lot of experience, are laid off and their jobs outsourced to people I have to train and who will have my job soon; Management by fear is pervasive; Forced employee performance curves that are ridiculous;

Advice to Management

Since it's all about the bottom line, at least make sure your cost cutting measures don't have unintended consequences. It's easy to show a direct link to a savings in one place and miss the added costs somewhere else!