Hewlett-Packard - HP doesn't respect their employees by any means | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"HP doesn't respect their employees by any means"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Pros

Great people to work with. Hours are great. 4 weeks vacation only becuase of grand father clause from when we were still EDS. Opportunity to move up if your willing to not get paid for the position you are in. Benefits aren't to bad if your willing to pay out of your pocket.

Cons

i have been an operations manager with a top performance rating now for over 18 months and was "promised" that my salary would be brought up to the minimum of the range before i took the job.
Now 18 months in still no raise. i have had the carrot dangled infront of me over and over saying it will happen soon but still nothing. I was told that there is no funds available yet quarterly review showed HP making billions in revenew. As well they can hire someone off the street and put them in the range but they will not put employees who have moved up in the company where they should be. Pay for performance is their motto yet they do not hold true to that by any means.

Advice to Management

If you want your top performers to stick around. pay them what they should be making

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Hp has changed"

Pros

People are brilliant and professional

Cons

Pay
    No respect
    No workspace for employees at hp

Advice to Management

People are what make the co. Run

"A couple of comments HP"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

Pros

Still not a bad place to work if local management are 'old HP' and are managing to fight off the money men. Reasonable work life balance if not in a high pressure job. Thats about it.

Cons

All HP jobs becoming High Pressure as Senior management look for more and more profit to drive the company on.. Where are they going? I am not sure they know and suspect they will be long gone when the peons finally collapse or refuse to so yes to ever and ever more demands and infringements of their personal liberties. By this time most IC's will have left for better jobs with less hassle and better pay. I count in this catagory as they offered me money to go and I am running very fast.
    My personal thought is that tsenior management are not worried about the 'developed world' engineering/R&D peons as they can get better/hungrier people in the developing world and pay them less. This just leaves a sales/consulting arm to pay/manage which is the culture most old HP workers abhore as it is dog eat dog etc.etc.

Advice to Management

turn the lights out but make sure you take the money with you