Hewlett-Packard - Company going down the drain. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

"Company going down the drain."

Current Employee - Sales Operations
Current Employee - Sales Operations

Pros

The best reasons to work are the other employees. They are dedicated, intelligent and care about the customers, which is the only reason this company is still alive. If it was up to Top management, we would lay off all the employees and the customers too.

Cons

The company is going down the drain. We can't keep our SLA's (service level agreements), we have horrendous costs in penalties due to late deliveries that have a terrific impact on our customers projects. We are closing down two excellent prodcution sites in Erskine and Germany and moving them to the cheaper Czech Republik and Singapore, increasing the lead times by weeks. Nothing works, there is not enough materials to build our servers, and the servers often fail during the test phase delaying the delivery even more. But the main thing is HP saves a few bucks so they can give those earned dollars back to top managment in bonuses while cutting employee benefits more and more.

Advice to Management

Read the 11 Rules of the Garage. Remember that the Employees are your main capital and reward them accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. "Legacy EDS employees only want respect from legacy HP."

Pros

What makes working at HP satisfying is that we still have the same EDS upervisors and managers that continue the old EDS culture.

Cons

Enterprise Services is treated as a step-child at HP.

Advice to Management

Leaders from HP need to stop talking down to Enterprise Services employees during meetings.

2. "OK Place"

Current Employee - IT SUpt Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - IT SUpt Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Kool work environment to work for. Better place to retire settle at fag end of your career. Challenging and high growth for buttering

Cons

high growth for buttering, Mangers dont listen to team as whole. Tae decisions blindly based on feedback from their specials

Advice to Management

Listen to whole team rather than take blind decisions by just listening to one person in team