Hexcel - Better than a lot of aerospace companies but it's definitely not Boeing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hexcel

"Better than a lot of aerospace companies but it's definitely not Boeing."

Current Employee - Assembler in Kent, WA
Current Employee - Assembler in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, decent work life balance, don't have to kill yourself working very hard.
I got hired at a decent hourly wage because of previous Experiance..
It's union and it is very hard to get fired unless you have bad attendance.
A few of the engineers are very nice people and don't treat you like a peaseant.

Cons

Strict attendance policy, for the most part they don't pay well at all. Very very senior employees average age of a production worker is about 50, and everyone who works their has for 20+ years.
Part of Iam district 160 which is now a worthless union because in 03 workers went on strike due to the company adding a clause that said they could do health care take always mid contract. Everyone went on strike and it was a 90 something percent strike vote and the company hired replacements for about half the work force and hundreds lost their jobs from what I've heard.
So now almost 10 years later every time health care costs go up the company takes something away. I have only been here for 2 years and they took away 5% of what the plan paid and now they told us this next year if you smoke you have to pay an extra 60 a month for insurance.
Wage increases are .40 cents every six months and their is no more raises other than that do if you hire on at 11 bucks an hour it will take you about 10 years to get to the low pay cap of 19.50 an hour.
Every employee I know here regardless of how long they have worked for the company says the same thing, "get out while you can". And "If the company was this way back in the good old days I would have left and not wasted my time. Nobody has retirements btw the company " plan" is an absolute joke. You basically put your money in a interest bearing account. Just like you can do with any other Ira or savings. Upper management is a bunch of jerks. Politics are extreme here if your in good with upper management you can get what you want, not by working hard. Everyone uses it as a stepping stone to Boeing And who wouldn't?

Advice to Management

Nobody who doesnt have to will stay here when they pay caps are so low and the company keeps taking away health coverage. Unless they get a good contract this next time around they will have a very hard time keeping or attracting new talent. Give more to the ones that are building the parts!

Other Employee Reviews for Hexcel

"My worst job experience"

Former Employee - ERP Support Analyst in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - ERP Support Analyst in West Valley City, UT

Pros

About the only good things I can say about this company are the benefits are pretty good and what they manufacture, composite material, is very interesting. This is really cool stuff and the science and technology to produce it is very cool. A lot of people in manufacturing, engineering and IT are great to work with.

Cons

This isn't a good place for someone in IT or software development. They are a 24/7 facility and are undermanned to support the facility and use antiquated technology so systems are always failing. The IT staff is scattered across the globe making communication difficult and the leadership is non-existent. Poor decisions made by IT management and leadership has resulted in a stressful and frustrating environment. I left the company some time ago but they churned a lot of employees since I left in the same position. The IT department needs to be completely overhauled.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin.

"It's OK..... (Dublin, CA site)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Pros

Generally speaking, the people are great, along with the few sour apples you'd find at any company

Cons

Known to underpay
    Generally a somewhat depressing/jaded atmosphere
    Not much room to grow
    Some departmental restructuring that took place seemed unnecessary and not conducive to the best interest of the company

Advice to Management

n/a