Hexcel - Growth but.... | Glassdoor

"Growth but...."

Current Employee - Process Engineer in West Valley, UT
Current Employee - Process Engineer in West Valley, UT

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is great growth opportunity. The company is expanding quickly. They promote continuing education and getting additional certifications. Diverse in their products.

Cons

The company is spread out across the US and other countries. Communication is tough.

Advice to Management

None yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Hexcel

"engaging, team oriented work environment, challenging shift schedule."

Current Employee - Process Associate (Fibers) in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Process Associate (Fibers) in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay, easy manufacturing with interesting and fun challenges at times. team feeling among fellow co workers light hearted environment for the most part

Cons

challenging shift schedule for process work in manufacturing. Twelve hour shifts. altering sets of back and forth from nights to days (weekly). You will have" Shift differential syndrome" Trust me! Then you will need to add an additional 450 hours of OT (moneys great, that is if you have time to spend it). Friends and family will think you sleep all the time when your not working and they miss you! You do get use to it ( you have to).

Advice to Management

Understaffed lean management style undermines finish product Quality (fact). increase in waste and Partial runs. lowers employee morale

"Better than a lot of aerospace companies but it's definitely not Boeing."

Current Employee - Assembler in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Assembler in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, decent work life balance, don't have to kill yourself working very hard.
    I got hired at a decent hourly wage because of previous Experiance..
    It's union and it is very hard to get fired unless you have bad attendance.
    A few of the engineers are very nice people and don't treat you like a peaseant.

Cons

Strict attendance policy, for the most part they don't pay well at all. Very very senior employees average age of a production worker is about 50, and everyone who works their has for 20+ years.
    Part of Iam district 160 which is now a worthless union because in 03 workers went on strike due to the company adding a clause that said they could do health care take always mid contract. Everyone went on strike and it was a 90 something percent strike vote and the company hired replacements for about half the work force and hundreds lost their jobs from what I've heard.
    So now almost 10 years later every time health care costs go up the company takes something away. I have only been here for 2 years and they took away 5% of what the plan paid and now they told us this next year if you smoke you have to pay an extra 60 a month for insurance.
    Wage increases are .40 cents every six months and their is no more raises other than that do if you hire on at 11 bucks an hour it will take you about 10 years to get to the low pay cap of 19.50 an hour.
    Every employee I know here regardless of how long they have worked for the company says the same thing, "get out while you can". And "If the company was this way back in the good old days I would have left and not wasted my time. Nobody has retirements btw the company " plan" is an absolute joke. You basically put your money in a interest bearing account. Just like you can do with any other Ira or savings. Upper management is a bunch of jerks. Politics are extreme here if your in good with upper management you can get what you want, not by working hard. Everyone uses it as a stepping stone to Boeing And who wouldn't?

Advice to Management

Nobody who doesnt have to will stay here when they pay caps are so low and the company keeps taking away health coverage. Unless they get a good contract this next time around they will have a very hard time keeping or attracting new talent. Give more to the ones that are building the parts!