Hill International - Summer Job | Glassdoor

"Summer Job"

Former Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

A very well structured company. Inter-office communication is great and allows for a vast network of available resources in the workplace.

Cons

The communication between management and lower level employees is ineffective. If there were a little more communication about the purpose and importance of assignments it may help drive employees and make them more productive.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with all employees giving feedback on a daily basis. There need to be open dialog about outcomes of each assignment and how succesful or unsuccessful they are.

Aug 19, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is highly appreciated. We will try to continue to increase our resources available to our employees and take into consideration your... More

Other Employee Reviews for Hill International

"Hill in need of reorganization"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Marlton, NJ

Pros

Possibility of international employment and decent benefits.

Cons

Poor communication from management and little support

Advice to Management

Break up the good-ole-boy network and promote managers based on performance and skillset

Aug 19, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your review. As a current employee, we recommend talking to your manager about potential issues with Hill. Please email us directly with other concerns at info@hillintl.com, we hope to... More

"A great company to the public's face but one that denied it's own internal problems and refused to improve upon them"

Former Employee - Marketing Management in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Management in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Before the acquisition by Hill International is the only time period I can speak to. The company worked on a variety of interesting and high-profile projects that were great to be a part of. The benefits were good as well. Treated their clients supremely well. A strong history of successful projects - not all very well documented along the way however. Very closely lobbied intense personal and professional relationships to guarantee recurring business with the right government agencies and contractors. Very thorough professional staff who were its strongest points when it came to delivering on customer satisfaction and project approval.

Cons

Senior management was dysfunctional, turned a blind eye toward the disregard with which other managers treated their subordinates. Management was not very technology forward in adopting new ways of doing business, very behind the times in several regards. Old school style management that overlooked many opportunities to gain employee buy in to improve the general morale. Not very sophisticated managers. Frequently terminated people for little to no cause; hired people unsuitable for their roles who presented themselves as more capable than reality proved them to be; did not hold each individual to the same standards. Preferential treatment was plain to see.

Advice to Management

Implement 360 reviews of managers and employees appropriately and implement improvement programs that people are held accountable to. Stop playing the "good ol' boy" network games, playing favoritism and start promoting greater gender equity among the staff, i.e., stop favoring women for higher positions simply because the company was founded by a woman. It was reverse sexism that was very 1980s and out of date and out of place.