Hilti North America - Fun Job but became very micro managed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilti North America

"Fun Job but became very micro managed"

Former Employee - Account Manager I in Mission Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager I in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training. Quality products. Mobiltiy and education is the key to advancement.

Cons

Too much rediculous paperwork regarding future goals etc rather than tools to help sell product.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilti North America

"Low skilled managers and low morale"

Former Employee - Account Manager III in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager III in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many products are considered high quality compared to competitors. They finally got rid of Ford Transits and now have option for truck and large vans as vehicle options. Tool repair turnaround is 5-6 days. Good after-market services on most products.

Cons

For a sales company, Hilti has unusual management philosophies. The way salespeople are paid changes with the wind. Employees do not have a say on their targets. Targets and quotas magically appear with no qualitative or quantitative explanation or getting buy-in. You are told to just accept them and then they use them against you when you don’t achieve them. Senior management is arrogant and egotistical and never address the morale problem. Meetings and conference calls are quiet. Regional managers and sales people are frightened to speak up. It’s unnerving. What’s worse is that the division and regional managers I had knew very little about construction or Hilti products to be helpful to there salesmen. So me and my fellow salesmen just wondered around blindly.

Advice to Management

Go back to basic on how to treat employees. Most employees have little respect for managers. Hilti has a potential to be a better company but the poor leaders that are in place will prevent the company from being a good place to work. I wish my former fellow employees the best.

"Too many politics"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good reputation in industry for quality of products

Cons

I was right out of college when I worked at Hitli and was fired after 8 months. I had a strange set up where I was hired without an opening so they had me help out in whatever territories had a need for some extra sales help. This meant I would be the one making cold calls and trying to bring in new customers while the main account manager did the customer service and managed large accounts. The person who I directly reported to wasn't really involved with my day to day activities because the territory I mainly worked in was managed by a different regional manager. On a day to day basis I reported to this regional sales manager who was thrilled with my work however he was new to the company and when the manager I reported to directly decided to let me go, he did not put up a fight for me. After bringing in several new accounts and busting my ass to prove myself, I was let go. I had countless positive emails about my performance which I kept and sent to HR. They simply told me they would be having a talk with the manager about the mixed feedback. The truth is the manager who I reported to on paper didn't like me because I am very professional and clean cut, he had told me one day that If I was to make it in this industry I was going to have to fit in better. Meaning fit the typical construction worker mold, good ole boy.

Advice to Management

There is alot of favoritsm that goes on and this needs to be put under control.