Hilton Grand Vacations - Worst company I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations

"Worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
No other pros to say.

Cons

This was the worst company I have ever worked for. I was in the IT department, and they could not manage their employees.... Horrible work environment. people talked about everyone & instead of working as a team. they worked as enemies.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations

1. "All around disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales Gallery Associate in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Gallery Associate in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The name of the company on my resume
    -Solid benefits
    -The property is beachside, and absolutely beautiful
    -Lots of opportunities to interact with guests

Cons

-Complete lack of communication/organization/leadership/morale
    -No opportunities for advancement
    -False "Open door" policy between employees and mid/upper management
    -Lack of cooperation and communication between different departments, often a cause of conflict
    -Incomplete training
    -Inaction of management to secure a positive working environment for team members

Advice to Management

There is no quantifiable way to measure social capital, but at HGVC, it would pretty much be zero. There's no trust between coworkers, the only relationship that exists between us is the fact that we work in close proximity to one another.
    When team members feel that they are needed, they will work harder. However, it is easy to feel as if we are expendable in this position. This is felt because of the way we are reprimanded for making mistakes or breaking rules which nobody knew existed in the first place - I don't understand why the blame for mistakes seems to roll downhill when the source is much higher - insufficient training methods and a lack of structure leaves us to our own devices when dealing with problems, and the accountability often lies in the training, not with our competence.

It is imperative that you not only manage us, but encourage us to learn and grow so that we can advance and be of more use to the company. The lack of investment in us and leadership is probably the biggest thing that needs fixing.

2. "Client presentations, extensive use of sales techniques resulting in positive achievements."

Current Employee - Vacation Counselor in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Vacation Counselor in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is one that offers a great benefit package and looks after its employees much like a family owned company might do.. It is a large company with a small company atmosphere.

Cons

My position is extremely stressful and the rewards vary from month-to-month. Therefore, although my income is high, it is not carved in stone and it is entirely performance based.

Advice to Management

I believe that when upper level management touches employees on a regular basis it promotes confidence throughout the company. No only do employees feel rewarded financially for a job well done, they also feel appreciated by upper level management. They begin to feel needed.