Hilton - So far I'm impressed... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"So far I'm impressed..."

Current Employee - Sales Administrative in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Sales Administrative in San Jose, CA

Pros

Some of the reasons I love to work for HIlton Hotels is the DISCOUNT! Let's be honest, it makes traveling much easier. Plus I think our management really has shown they are in their leadership roles for a reason. I feel I can talk to my direct mananger of even the GM at any time without any "you went over my head" issues. I do feel the company rewards fairly based on individual accomplishments and does invest in your professional and personal development. SO far, so good.

Cons

Forced PTO. When I came on board the Sales Office was closed 3x in the next 3 months. I had no time off so I didn't get paid for those vacation times. I hear a lot of "when I was at my old property".. well you're no longer there so shut up about it. Making staff changes and not explaining how it's benefiting the property.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your staff. Many things happen that you are not even aware of. From where you sit to where we work, the view is very different. Appreciate the people that are missing their kids recitals to make sure our guests are taken care of.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

"Be prepared to work your ass off"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Medical, Dental no cost. Free meals, and empowerment is encouraged. Comp rooms for employees at other Hiltons, but pretty hard to get a comp room at the more popular hotels. Transfers to other properties seem to be a bonus as Hilton seems to recognise the training they put into us may benefit other hotels.

Cons

Management is expected to work minimum of 12 hours per day. Usually its more because of all the recent layoffs. Key people were cut with not much thought behind how this will impact service. Many of us are not getting raises this year, ostensibly due to the economy, yet still we are working extraordinary hours.

Advice to Management

With all the layoffs, don't beat us up and threaten to fire us over the salt scores. Everybody is doing the best the can given they are now doing 6 people's jobs. Exec commitee people do not consult the lowly managers to get feedback on impact of possible cuts. Ask us. We work there 16 hours a day. We may have alternatives that make more sense and are still cost effective.

"Pay us what we deserve"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative/Sales Coordinator in Nashville, TN

Pros

Benefits are great and the hotel guests are the best. They are the true reason why I keep coming back to work. Besides the fact I have to work I choose hospitatility because it is in my blood

Cons

TOO much Drama at our location with management lots of backstabbing.....always asked to step out of your job description but not getting paid for it

Advice to Management

Communicate more stop being so greedy with money that is not yours...we make guests happy up front we should be paid what we are worth