Hilton - Favoritism,lies and a very stressful work enviroment. Crappy and outdayed property,poorly maintained. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"Favoritism,lies and a very stressful work enviroment. Crappy and outdayed property,poorly maintained."

Current Employee - HOUSEMAN in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - HOUSEMAN in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable job,Hilton brand name and benefits so so discounts.

Cons

Favoritism,secret shoppers who lie,low pay and no life. Managers that constantly critisize amd bully and harass employees about their job. The property i work at is terrible it's so bad that a diamond member complained and management had to try to kiss his ass and bribe him. Dusty and dirty rooms,mold on the ceilings on most rooms,1970 interior green paint,cracked,loose and missing tiles. Housekeeping almost never changes the sheets. I have witnessed this on multiple occasions. Constant workplace stress and bullying by managers. Cannot advance at all. Good hardworking employees don't get any recognition what so ever. Lazyness and favoritism is awarded so much so an employee recieved employee of the month twice! Employees cannot defend themselves if acused or blamed for bs that did not happen. The employee has no rights it's always the fuest first employees non existant. Employee put on the spot instantly is wrong take guests word over yours. Mundane and repetetive tasks carried out on a daily and nightly basis.

Advice to Management

Fire the incompetent managers and rude employees that are favored. More pto time off better pay for employeesl.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

1. "My job was in a new area for me and I felt like I was able to make a difference."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, particularly paid leave, for new employees have been revamped and are very generous. Also Hilton encourages employees to give back to the community and has community partners that the corporation supports.

Cons

There have been a lot of organizational changes going on so, while it was interesting work, it was sometimes tumultuous. Some levels of management act as though they do not believe the changes are necessary so it is sometimes hard to determine what the focus is.

Advice to Management

make sure corporation goals are filtered down through management ranks

2. "I worked there and wish I never left!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, high quality products, great pay

Cons

I was worked like a dog a times.

Advice to Management

Please don't have 3 different senior managers try telling the same person something different about what they need them to do.