1. "Reservations Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Hilton almost 10 years. I love having the flexibility and my own control of picking how many hours and days I work each week. Being a working mom of three and still be able to participate at my childrens' school and be involved in all their extracurricular activities is the best of both worlds. Hilton has afforded me the nicety of keeping my work identity and my mom identity. Another great thing about Hilton is that they are always interested in feedback to continue the betterment of employee satisfaction. They have a lot of employee incentives such as team member low hotel rates, contests, earning points and smiles that are equivalent to paid time off, paid holidays and retirement employer match just to name a few.

Cons

I would have to say the downside to Hilton is they do not make it mandatory for me go to the gym even though they offer discounted gym memberships - LOL!

Hilton Response

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and offer feedback. As you know, it is our desire to be competitive in our industry and offer the best to our Team Members. It's nice to be acknowledged for what we do well and especially rewarding to have you represent our Values. We love hearing you're able to thrive at work and at home. Thank you for all you do!

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Great benefits and employee discounts on hotels

Cons

A lot of role overlap

2. "Great but like many things in life, there is room for improvement"

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Dress Code, Autonomy within Departments and Hotel Stay Discounts

Cons

Outsourcing Strategy and Lack of Strategic Vision on Non-Hospitality Departments Every year the company brags that it won the "Best Place to Work" type award. How can you have the best place to work when you do not have employees? Operational functions such as Accounting and IT are outsourced. Planning departmental strategies and road maps are biased. If you ask your outsourcing partner on their strategic recommendations, they are probably going to favor a solution that includes them.

Discover more reviews about Hilton.