Hilton - Solid | Glassdoor

"Solid"

Current Employee - Bartender in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Bartender in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get a discounted stay in all Hilton Hotels Free in the US

Cons

Changing schedule and working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Ask the staff what they need

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

"Career Damaging Experence"

Former Employee - Information Security in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Information Security in McLean, VA

I worked at Hilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Industry average salary, nice building and work environment, some really friendly people to meet and work with.

I passed up another offer to come here, and I severely regret that decision.

Cons

Former AOL employees have hijacked the IT Department and I was severely mislead on the status of the environment and the willingness and ability/ knowledge of Sr. Management within the department. It seems there are many that rode on the waves of AOL when they went from 90% market share to nothing and now for some reason they have worked their way into Hilton and are poised to do the same thing all over.

Advice to Management

Your IT department is in grave danger of costing you significant brand damage (already occurring) and from an IT security perspective, making things worse by doing what they are doing to a degree of excess that is downright unethical.

2. "Worked us to death"

Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building to work in. Guests were all very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Schedules were ridiculous causing massive turnover in front office. Seems no one stayed more than 3 months! We weren't given our weekly schedule until 2 days ahead of time and we were constantly working 7 to 9 days straight with only one day off in between. If you don't mind having no life and just "living" at the hotel for extremely low pay, than this is the job for you. Other departments were treated far better than front desk.

Advice to Management

The front desk people are your MOST important team members because they are the first and last people the guests interact with. It's a shame that management couldn't seem to understand this. Also, if you want to avoid massive turnover, do not schedule employees more than 6 days straight....ever.