"Watch out for Housekeeping"

Former Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company itself shows alot of appreciation.

Cons

The department managers are on power trips. Becareful what department you go into. Most of the female managers are on power trips and will ween you out quick if you do something they dont care for. Every department is shorthanded and will use you until you are burnt out.

Continue reading

Hilton Response

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Great benefits and employee discounts on hotels

Cons

A lot of role overlap

2. "Great but like many things in life, there is room for improvement"

5.0

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Dress Code, Autonomy within Departments and Hotel Stay Discounts

Cons

Outsourcing Strategy and Lack of Strategic Vision on Non-Hospitality Departments Every year the company brags that it won the "Best Place to Work" type award. How can you have the best place to work when you do not have employees? Operational functions such as Accounting and IT are outsourced. Planning departmental strategies and road maps are biased. If you ask your outsourcing partner on their strategic recommendations, they are probably going to favor a solution that includes them.

Discover more reviews about Hilton.