Hilton - Outstanding company with unlimited opportunities for team members. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"Outstanding company with unlimited opportunities for team members."

Former Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with rich history. Many opportunities for advancement from hotel properties to corporate offices. Training is available on regular basis for skill enhancement. First rate use of latest technologies to manage business units.

Cons

Very large company can make decisions less nimble than optimal.

Advice to Management

Allow property-level management ability to manage as entrepreneurs. This increased autonomy will enhance creativity, productivity, and moral.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

"It was a terrible, time-consuming, and demanding job. Overworked and underpaid"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Excellent Food. Very clean establishment. Pay isn't too shabby. Great for experience.

Cons

Management is absolutely abhorrent. The equipment is old and outdated. Its know what you know its who you know. They expect you to work WELL beyond the hours of your shift and get upset if you can't for some reason. It's basically MODERN day slavery. The hours are TERRIBLE! The people that work there are lazy and confrontational. A lot of the union workers were lazy, crabby, and complained incessantly. I cried nearly 3 times just WITHIN my training period because they managers constantly try to put their workers down instead of uplifting them. If you make a MENIAL mistake and I mean MENIAL they act as though you've committed some grievous sin.

Advice to Management

Where to begin? First you should start by HIRING more workers and stop working people to the bone. Do the words labor laws mean anything to you? Secondly, you need to hire more ADEQUATE managers. The managers were lazy, misinformed, and got annoyed when ever they were actually asked to do their job. One of your managers told me they didn't feel like handling a customer that asked specifically for them, HOW DOES that work ? Last please stop with all the BLATANT nepotism! Us workers should be treated based off our performance and not off WHO we know!smh ! ugh disgusting

2. "Terrible Management, by the book and illogical"

Former Employee - Pool Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Pool Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Hilton part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. It was possible to work at different positions within the company, but obviously they would limit you to under 40 hours a week to avoid paying overtime. HR was very nice and respectable, but acted only as therapists and never really did anything worthwhile.

Cons

Management had no idea what was going on; from the GM to assistant managers, they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off daily. They couldn't handle the smallest issues that arose, especially at big events. When corporate came to visit once a month or so, they made no changes and gave no advice. In fact, I didn't see corporate do a single thing other than walk around the property and nod their heads.

Advice to Management

Dump the overpaid management and get some people with some real qualifications. It looks like they selected their corporate higher-ups straight from a college recruiting event, and had no idea that they had no tangible work experience.