Hilton - Management lacking, franchise is surely a contributing factor in declining public view of Hilton Properties | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"Management lacking, franchise is surely a contributing factor in declining public view of Hilton Properties"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hilton, the Parent company, is a wonderful one.
Fair employee discounts and classic approach to customer service.

Cons

Management does not take employees into consideration.
No such thing as "Team Meeting"
Expectations are low.
Scheduling does not take health into regard. (Overnights immediately followed by dayshift)

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, we make face to face and over the phone connections with your clients. Often, you never interact with the customer except to make an apology.

We know what the customer wants and needs because we see them every day. We hear them and listen to their complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

"Mixed Blessing"

Former Employee - Administration in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Administration in Seattle, WA

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fantastic staff- everyone conscientious and hard-working, and they're all nice.

Cons

Salary- what can I say? It's a hotel.

Advice to Management

a salary that's a living wage would be nice.

2. "Solid company with a couple departmental issues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hilton takes pretty good care of their people; salaries are fair, benefits are good, and PTO is more than adequate. People seem to get from their jobs there (both in terms of promotion and retention) what they put into them, which isn't the case everywhere. Expectations for performance have been high but not unreasonable, in my experience. This is a good place to work.

Cons

At least on the eCommerce side, getting meaningful things done can be frustrating, since you're not only having to get buy-in from 10 brands, but also dealing with a number of territorial departments that don't want to share their toys. The department also can't seem to figure out what it wants to be or what its goals are, which can leave employees wondering if they are there to provide customer service to hotels, improve the websites, or drive revenue. It's a fairly young department so this will mostly likely get better, but there are currently growing pains.