"Rated #1 but far from it..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees on the front lines are amazing. You get a free, most of the time edible, meal for lunch.

Cons

They may hire you at full-time but not give you full-time hours. They may cut your hours at anytime due to the needs of the hotel. If you are non-union you don't get paid holiday pay for ANY holidays. If you are union you get holiday pay after the first full year of working there.

Continue reading

Hilton Response

Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our hospitality and vision.

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Great benefits and employee discounts on hotels

Cons

A lot of role overlap

2. "Great but like many things in life, there is room for improvement"

5.0

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Dress Code, Autonomy within Departments and Hotel Stay Discounts

Cons

Outsourcing Strategy and Lack of Strategic Vision on Non-Hospitality Departments Every year the company brags that it won the "Best Place to Work" type award. How can you have the best place to work when you do not have employees? Operational functions such as Accounting and IT are outsourced. Planning departmental strategies and road maps are biased. If you ask your outsourcing partner on their strategic recommendations, they are probably going to favor a solution that includes them.

Discover more reviews about Hilton.