Hilton - A great place to work if you're looking for advancement!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"A great place to work if you're looking for advancement!!"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Accounting Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. I worked for Hilton for over 10yrs, I started out at the bottom in reservations, and in just 3 years I had worked my way up to management in the executive offices. Management listens to your ideas & salary proposals with an open mind. I, for the most part, always got what I wanted.

Cons

At times, it can be a very "political" environment. To get in with the company, it tends to be an issue of who you know.

Advice to Management

Office culture tends to be very "clickish". Different departments need to remember that they are all on one team and work together better.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

1. "If you are interested in hospitality, this is for you!"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Houston, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good place to work if you are interested in the hospitality industry. Hilton is all about customer satisfaction and going above and beyond the call of duty and I have experienced this at other Hilton hotels/brands so it isn't just at certain hotels. They are the best when it comes to training.

Cons

I think this is a con of working with most busy hotels, but there is tension (between co-workers and departments) when the hotel gets really busy. No one really wants to make a mistake or take blame when a mistake is mistaken.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees. The front desk department did not have enough employees and I feel that it effected other departments. They didn't have enough valet and bellmen and sometimes lacked front desk agents which cause other employees to work harder and skip lunch.

"Management will beat you down"

Current Employee - Reservations Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Reservations Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This could be a great company to work for,

Cons

So true what the other poster stated, you are micromanaged to death here, they will beat you down telling you every little wrong thing you do on a daily basis, rarely do you get praise for all the positives you do.

Advice to Management

Show a little faith and trust in your employees, they are not idiots. No wonder there is such a huge turnover.