Hilton - Was a good learning experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hilton

"Was a good learning experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IN
Former Employee - Intern in Bloomington, IN

Pros

The Director of Sales was fantastic, and he taught me alot. The rest of the hourly staff was wonderful also and I loved working with them

Cons

The Front Desk Manager was very rude and luckily now she has moved to a different hotel. The GM left to.

Advice to Management

They were really nice over all, I think some managers need to treat their staff a little bit better though.

Other Employee Reviews for Hilton

"Hilton Supply Management - Buyer Position"

Current Employee - Buyer - Strategic Sourcing in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer - Strategic Sourcing in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

Currently the best benefit is the employee travel program, however it is undergoing some changes since the company went private and is now owned by Blackstone.

Cons

It has been difficult to advance within my department. The department needs to market itself to the rest of the company and this has been an ongoing area that is lacking. Many team members in other parts of the company have no idea that an internal purchasing department is at their disposal for strategic sourcing.

Advice to Management

There are several processes that could use improvement, but upper management is almost always satisfied with keeping processes as is / not open to suggestions.

2. "Hilton Hotels has lots of opportunities if you are willing to take that step up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

I've been employed with Hilton for over 6 years and I have lots of success. The benefits are good and the pay is satisfactory. (Everyone wants to get paid more) What I like best is the opportunity for growth. But the individual must be willing to do what is necessary to move up within the company.

Cons

The corporate office is now in VA and not California. In order to move up, you will need to move across the country.

Advice to Management

nothing to add.