Hitachi Consulting - In a tough year, Hitachi Consulting leadership continues to make good decisions and to focus on their people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"In a tough year, Hitachi Consulting leadership continues to make good decisions and to focus on their people"

Current Employee - Manager, Specialized Services in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager, Specialized Services in Seattle, WA

Pros

Hitachi Consulting has a fresh and dynamic culture, largely due to leadership's attantion to individual growth. People are challenged to grow while akoing room for work/life balance.

Cons

Pressure and work hours during high profile projects

Advice to Management

I think management is consistently focused on improvement. It will never be perfect (anywhere) but the Hitachi Consulting culture & career amnagement process is very good. Proces sis important but it's about people. and personal connections.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

1. "We do great work, we just don't get paid well for it."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

The people I work with are amazing....too bad the company doesn't focus on retaining them.

Cons

The pay is horrible and promotions are based on time at level only.

Advice to Management

Pay the people who deserve it more and understand that time at level doesn't mean anything. User your objective critieria that you have spent so much time on or edit that but don't hold people back based on time and don't promote people based on time.

2. "Building a career with great people..."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

I work with really smart people that I respect and am challenged by every day. Not only does the industry require continuous learning about new clients and solutions, I am learning how to be a leader and grow directly from the people I work with every day. I also feel valued and a part of my local office community.

Cons

Project depending, hours can be long and clients can be tough, but this is more a function of the industry than the the company specifically. Sometimes its tough to know what's going on across the company.

Advice to Management

Sell good work. Everything else comes after that.