Hitachi Consulting - Great people to work with and an amazing collaborative culture that values its employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"Great people to work with and an amazing collaborative culture that values its employees."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mentoring and development structure, and very clear career path and progression system. Also, the right balance of local and travel projects with focus on a work-life balance.

Cons

The salaries and benefits are not competitive with other employers in the same industry and region. Additionally, the staffing process is not very crisp.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"A me-too consulting company with poor strategic direction and awful execution."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Individual contributors are the salvation of the company in spite of Hitachi's manglement (that's mangle and management combined).

Cons

Zero strategy or tactical approach to client growth and management. I can look around and see the same middle managers and vice president stuck in the same title for the last 10 years, mostly because they don't deserve promotion and they haven't been let go. Customer management and relationship building is largely non-existent.

Advice to Management

Find an identity and create a real culture. Bring the client into the equation by fostering through partnerships. Institute a mentoring program to properly expand new talent's horizons.

2. "Great place to grow your skills"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and smart and collaborative. I have a lot of flexibility whether to travel or not (likely due to my specialized area). I am compensated fairly.

Cons

HCC is going through some growing pains due to multiple global acquisitions while also trying to grow the service lines outside of more classical ERP-type services.