Hitachi Consulting - A me-too consulting company with poor strategic direction and awful execution. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"A me-too consulting company with poor strategic direction and awful execution."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Individual contributors are the salvation of the company in spite of Hitachi's manglement (that's mangle and management combined).

Cons

Zero strategy or tactical approach to client growth and management. I can look around and see the same middle managers and vice president stuck in the same title for the last 10 years, mostly because they don't deserve promotion and they haven't been let go. Customer management and relationship building is largely non-existent.

Advice to Management

Find an identity and create a real culture. Bring the client into the equation by fostering through partnerships. Institute a mentoring program to properly expand new talent's horizons.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

1. "Great place to grow your skills"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and smart and collaborative. I have a lot of flexibility whether to travel or not (likely due to my specialized area). I am compensated fairly.

Cons

HCC is going through some growing pains due to multiple global acquisitions while also trying to grow the service lines outside of more classical ERP-type services.

"Great people - no vision"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, interesting work, chance to learn, good opportunities for training

Cons

no vision, one size fits all approach to employees that have different skills and jobs, management often seems to be wearing blinders.

Advice to Management

Making money or just growing is not a vision. You will get better work and more satisfaction out of employees if you treat them as individuals and not as identical cogs.