Hitachi Consulting - Fantastic place to start a career, but not the right place for me to grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"Fantastic place to start a career, but not the right place for me to grow"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people when I started were excellent - I admired the leaders and my peers from my local office. I worked here directly out of undergrad and was given great opportunities to work in different industries and in different functional areas. Better work life balance than most consultancies

Cons

Experiences and expectations differ widely by which office you are in and what your background is. Pay increase is slow until you are eligible for performance compensation. Leadership at the company level (not the office-level) is disconnected.

Advice to Management

Hiring definitely needs improvement - the consultants hired out of undergrad are the most talented people at the company, and I often felt like I was picking up slack for poor MBA and experienced hires (who were brought in at a higher salary level than I ever attained).

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

1. "Very good!"

Current Intern - Practice Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Practice Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a very good base, engaging clients and exciting work. My time there has been great, a lot of very smart people.

Cons

Burdened by their own large company and too displaced to work as together as a one large company. Found difficult experiences in collaborating within the companies sector.

"Entrepreneurial"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mid sixed major consultancy with ability to make your own business. Opportunity to learn all aspects of the business and make it your own. Regardless of your level, opportunity to grow & develop.

Cons

Big enough to compete with the big consultancies but not big enough to invest in the next new trends. Trying to be all things instead of focusing on a few.

Advice to Management

Invest in the US and not just Japan