Hitachi Consulting - Positive Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Positive Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

Opportunities to try different types of projects
Many opportunities for training/learning
Great people to work with

Cons

At times (depending on project assignment), work/life balance can be difficult
Across all of our locations, levels are not equal (meaning a Senior Consultant in one location doesn't have the same core skills as a Senior Consultant in another location)

Advice to Management

Keep lines of communication open

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

"Lots of changes with growing pains - but for the better"

Current Employee - Manager Consulting Services in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Consulting Services in Dallas, TX

Pros

Top notch people provide a stimulating professional environment and make it enjoyable. I have been able to work on a variety of projects that have built up my skills. I have seen a lot of increased focus on training and regimented skill development over the past year. Recently, HCC went from geography based teams to technology and management consulting teams that I see as a positive for my future career development. The changes were the result of a new Strategic plan to grow significantly over the next 5 years.

Cons

Dust needs to settle on all of the changes the past year, while I think they will be good in the long run, they have created much turmoil. Some people prefered the geography model. I personally enjoy travel and prefer to work on projects wherever the best opportunities are located. In a few years this may be a negative but for now it is not a problem for me.

Advice to Management

No more org changes for a while - stick to the significant growth strategy.

"Worst Company Ever - Avoid At All Costs"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Worked beside good and smart people on relevant technologies. Given vacation between Christmas and New Year's. Unfortunately can't say much other than that.

Cons

Horrible hours. Lack of respect from incompetent management, was harassed on multiple occasions. No promotions. No raises. Forced to miss numerous trainings. Forced to miss annual holiday party, no substitute ever brought up. Got stiffed on my vacation balance payout by 21 hours or roughly 1k gross.

Advice to Management

Respect the people who are doing the work, give recognition where it's deserved. Leading by example can be a good thing, if one is expecting weekend work and long hours, perhaps you should do so as well.