Hitachi Data Systems - Very confused company | Glassdoor

"Very confused company"

Current Employee - Consulting Sales Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Consulting Sales Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tries to provide honest and good products.
It had been a good place to work like a family.

Cons

Had lost their touch on how to provide good products due to too many internal politics and arguments with no leadership. Sadly, management encourages politics. Also too many reorg and layoffs.

Advice to Management

There should be strategy and leadership. Should focus on strategy and execute.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have a great company culture and everyone truly lives by it! It really is a great place to work!
    This is from Jack Domme, CEO down which truly ensures everyone knows this is not just talk or something that is one the web. It is truly real! Everyone has a common goal and we all work together to be successful as an organization! I have been here for over 5 years so I am past the honeymoon phase and still in love!

Cons

Our marketing could be better if you evaluate it againast our competition. It is the only con I have really seen from an employee perspective.

Advice to Management

Better marketing would be my only advice for improvement. Please keep up the good work!! This is truly hands down the best place I have ever worked!

2. "The Best Place to Work and Thrive"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great environment to learn and grow professionally, while contributing at the top of your game. This is a place that respects ability and potential - so if you are a consumate professional, this is heaven. If you love being tuned in to your industry's latest trends and would love to configure them to work for your company - this is a quality that HDS can't get enough of and rewards this "pioneering spirit" accordingly. The corporate amenities provides ample opportunity to keep your life balanced, with a state-of-the-art gym (free!), great food (HiCafe), and hard-working colleagues. It's a lethal combination that has pushed HDS into a great financial position that is shared with employees.

Cons

If you need someone to tell you what to do - it would be a challenge to work here. The old manager and subordinate model has pretty much retired here and the current enviroment is towards a more collegiate, team-based perspective. There are pockets of dinosaur bones, but those ramparts are being quickly eroded as technology explodes worldwide and HDS employees ramp up to meet the challenges. HDS won't work for anyone who just wants a job and a paycheck. This kind of employee wil always be eating the dust of the colleagues who love the field or the industry, and are determined to make HDS the "number one" customer choice.

Advice to Management

Be transparent! Over-communicate! Hire employees who are actively invested in their industries, and come to interviews with ideas and vision. Take the time to be clear about expectations and have meaningful measurements. Set the bar high, but provide the support needed to exceed.