Hitachi Data Systems - Great company that truly reflects it's core value | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

"Great company that truly reflects it's core value"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked with HDS colleagues from over 40 countries, I find employees generally have a very high degree of honesty, integrity and a desire to help fellow colleagues. Good work/life balance and good benefits. Good transparency by executives. I have recommended HDS to close friends. This is a great company. I thought I would be here just a few years, but I really enjoy working for HDS.

Cons

Pay is ok, but could always be better.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on core values, family/life balance as we continue grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work options, onsite gym, cafe, some really nice people that are easy to work with

Cons

-Company has not hit bonus targets in 2 years and they don't offer stock. What your left with is just your base salary and for a tech company in Silicon Valley it's really not competitive.
    -Aging workforce and they are just now starting to get some young blood in with the new internship program, but generally they hire experienced professionals with industry experience. If you are young, it's hard to fit in and move up in rank.
    -Lots of people work here long term because the performance bar is set so low for a lot of people and they aren't good enough to find a job at other more successful companies.
    -Company products lack innovation and are just copycat products of successful ideas other companies thought of first.
    -Lots of politics and in-fighting within all groups. HR is one of the worst divisions you could possibly work in.

"HDS 6 Years"

Current Employee - Master Solutions Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Master Solutions Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HDS tries to respect work life balance & do not schedule calls before 8:00AM or after 5:00PM

Cons

Immature internal processes. budget cutbacks and missed bonus's inspite of achieving record revenue goals is worrisome. HDS has cancelled their annual kickoff two years in a row. and delisted HIT from nasdaq. saving yourself into poverty is a dangerous sign as there is $0.00 spent on marketing. HDS also has failed to keep up with software development & feature functionality demanded by the marketplace.

Advice to Management

The current management is struggling to meet the newer complexity of customer demands, The mom & pop family culture is great but unable to scale to meet the increasing market share goals. lack of process is leading to excessive concessions and increased customer satisfaction issues.