Hobby Lobby - Wonderful till new boss | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Wonderful till new boss"

Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO
Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay nice people great company good benefits. High quality of products. The company respects its employees and customers.

Cons

The only cons for me were when you made s return it took forever and the last manager I had was horrible.

Advice to Management

Don't be such rude stuck up snobs and learn to listen to your employees. This is for Ballwin store # 359.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

"If you have any self respect run far, far from this place!"

Former Employee - Craft Designer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Craft Designer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Talented coworkers
    -Social work environment
    -Learn new techniques
    -Made some close friends

**There is a 20 word minimum on for this section and I can only come up with 12.**

Cons

-Team leaders didn't bother to show up to my interview.
    -Told I was replaceable my very first day.
    -Team Leaders consistently lose projects/paperwork.
    -Team Leader makes a habit of talking to employees like they are small children. Very degrading.
    -Management is extremely suspicious.
    -Politically incorrect work environment.
    -Raises are a joke. And if you make "too much" you don't get one.
    -I worked there 6 months before my boss ever spoke to me. She also called me by the wrong name.
    -My boss also literally snapped her fingers at me because I wasn't moving fast enough.

**This is just the tip of the iceberg**

Advice to Management

You run this department on fear. I can tell you with out a doubt that you are not liked or respected by your employees. You have no idea of the talent within your company because you are so afraid of losing control.

"Hard Work, Little Pay or Recognition"

Former Employee - Cashier, Returns/Exchanges, Home Decor Associate in Henderson, NV

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (More than a year)

Pros

10% Employee Discount. Closed on Sundays, so you know you all ways atleast have this day off.

Cons

Schedules are not posted until the Thursday prior to the coming week, making it difficult to plan anything personal. Your weekly and daily schedule is constantly changing, even your bathroom and lunch breaks. Is not unusual to be scheduled until 11 pm one day and then have to come in the next day at 7 am. Inventory tracking and ordering is all done manually, meaning large lists and binders of inventory numbers and descriptions that you are constantly having to refer to. They boast about higher than average pay, but that's only for full-time associates. Most workers are part-time and are paid min wage - $8.50/hr.

Advice to Management

Talk to your associates. Treat them with respect and dignity. Solicit suggestions and best practices and share with the rest of your team to make everyone's jobs easier and more productive. If you have to reprimand an employee, do it privately. Refrain from gossiping and talking about employees behind their backs.