Hobby Lobby - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN
Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hobby Lobby is a very good company that starts off both part time workers and full time workers excellent wages high above minimum wage. They have Sundays off and good store hours, 9am to 8pm. The merchandise they carry is also fun and you can learn a lot of different hobbies and crafts there. The team of workers is small, and you can become good friends with a lot of people. The backroom in the store I worked at was very organized and clean. A lot of their cleaning methods and organization methods are good.

Cons

A lot of work by hand. This includes inventory, ordering items and of course entering the items on the cash registers. This is very painstaking work and very easy to mess up. The small team is also a problem. There are sometimes not enough people working during the day and at night. This makes for a lot more work for those who are on the clock. Scheduling was also a problem, as they required me there every second I was available.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

"Unpredictable stress, did not stick with company morals"

Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sundays off. that's really about it.

Cons

No communication from management in regards to what your position entails. No hierarchy, many managers tell you different things on how to complete one task. When I was there many people were laid off at random with no warning. Made for a very stressful work environment. Also they cut hours drastically and did not address the issue to the team.

"Bad business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Employee are we're good to work with

Cons

Store manager was the worst everyday it was something different they make up the rules as they go along. Manager shows no respect for their employees.if you talk to DM then there are repercussions. If call off they punish you ion some way. They don't want pt to request the request sheets are for ft only let them tell it. They say they don't hire ft lies I have seen it happen and they don't ask the pt if they want the department or not

Advice to Management

Learn how to tell your employees good job instead of criticizing so much quit worrying abt your bonus checks so much. Listen to employees and quit lying to new hires. Learn how to talk to customers